Hollywood Brands Quiz: Product Placement at Its Best?
Product placement, marketing genius, manipulation: whatever you call it, the seventh art and marketing muscle are frequent box office companions. In other words, Hollywood has long had an affair with the mega brands.
We saw little George Bailey endorsing National Geographic magazine in the 1946 Christmas classic It’s a Wonderful Life. We saw 1998’s love letter to AOL, You’ve Got Mail, also starring Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks.
Which other Hollywood movies have prominently displayed current products and brands? Test your brand marketing trivia quotient to find out (before considering whether or not you care).
- Dr. Evil is linked to this drink company in Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me.
- Ethan Hunt uses some of these guns in Mission: Impossible III.
- In The Da Vinci Code, Robert Langdon and Sophie Neveu use this car to make a getaway in Paris. (This same car is also used by Inspector Clouseau in The Pink Panther.)
- Security guard Larry Daley reads this book in Night at the Museum.
- James Bond wears this watch in Casino Royale.
- In Matrix Reloaded, Trinity and Neo hop on this motorcycle.
- Peter Parker uses this drink to practice his newfound powers in the movie Spider-Man.
- Bella drives this red truck in Twilight.
- This newspaper is featured in period movie The Prestige.
- Troy will attend this university in High School Musical 3.
- In Yes Man, Carl Allen attends a motivational seminar at this hotel.
- Brad and Kate play this game in Four Christmases.
- Hitch uses this over-the-counter medication in Hitch.
- Chuckie drinks this coffee in Good Will Hunting.
- This computer is used in V for Vendetta.
Bonus trivia: Name at least one luxury brand that is NOT featured in the movie Sex and the City.
Schools Offering Training Programs in Computer Animation
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Computer Animation Articles & News
Milwaukee seventh-grader wins nationwide contest for video game design
A seventh-grader from Milwaukee, Wisconsin has been named one of the 12 contestants to win the national contest for original video game design.
Recent grads win biggest independent game competition in world
Two years ago, when the development team for Inertia was studying degrees at Southern Methodist University, winning a $100,000 check in Las Vegas must have seemed like a far cry.