Trends in 3D Modeling
The demand for cutting-edge technology is constantly growing. With advances in product development, production, and marketing, there are new trends in computer aided 3D modeling.
One of the most popular trends continues to be computer and video game design. Three-dimensional characters, weaponry, and backdrops can be extremely realistic. Character body movements and functions closely resemble real-life.
Advances in web design have been made possible with the use of 3D modeling techniques. Savvy business gurus are showcasing 3D models of their products, and even animated features of their design concepts and services. Such features can provide customers with detailed visual design information and usage information.
3D modeling is now commonly utilized in clothing, shoe, and jewelry and accessory design. As opposed to manual sketching, 3D modeling makes the design process faster and easier. Jewelry and clothing designers can avoid the post-production model costs associated with making a physical model. Consumers can often get a very accurate depiction of their product before it goes into production, often saving them money as well.
3D modeling can be used in all aspects of the creative process, from concept and development, to marketing and sales. 3D applications can be used to demonstrate each consecutive process in detail, from beginning to finished product. The accuracy of the process often eliminates waste in production.
3D modeling is widely used in advanced engineering concepts. Computer automated drafting utilizes three-dimensional images to create maps and blueprints of just about any object. House and building plans can be drafted much easier than the traditional hand-drawn technique. Changes and revisions are less tedious and time consuming than before. 3D modeling can realistically represent people, texture, objects, surfaces, and details with a high level of accuracy.
Because of the accuracy of dimension and detail, 3D modeling is widely used in city, roadway, and railway planning and building processes. It is also used in the research and development of large scale projects.
Interior, furniture, and landscape designers benefit from the use of 3D modeling. The ability to show a prospective customer what their finished project will look like, they have a definitive edge over the competition. The ability to show customers a variety of features is also helpful in helping their customers make design choices.
Automobile makers and designers utilize 3D models to showcase their vehicles, features, and performance. Concept cars, trains, and even airplanes are often presented in three dimensions.
In the business world, 3D modeling is used by many marketing professionals during product and service presentations. It is extremely useful in providing clients with as much visual information as possible.
3D modeling is often used, in lieu of traditional hand-sketches, to create storyboards for movies, film, and commercials. As opposed to a drawing, 3D models can depict movement, mechanics, and interaction, making the entire creative process more fluid.
3D modeling has developed into one of the easiest and quickest ways to design. Trends in 3D modeling and design have ventured into nearly every field of business, and the possibilities will expand well into the future.
Schools Offering Training Programs in Computer Animation
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2009.
- Offers career assistance and resource services to both students and graduates.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available to students who qualify.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACCSC).
- 4 campus locations in Atascadero, San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, and Oxnard, California, with online options as well.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
50 Years of Excellence In Education
Coleman University is a private non-profit teaching university founded in 1963 and located in San Diego, California. Its undergraduate and graduate programs prepare individuals for technology-focused careers and leadership. As San Diego’s oldest school dedicated to information technology, Coleman University has historically educated a large number of the region’s business-technology professionals.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Computer Animation Articles & News
Milwaukee seventh-grader wins nationwide contest for video game design
A seventh-grader from Milwaukee, Wisconsin has been named one of the 12 contestants to win the national contest for original video game design.
Recent grads win biggest independent game competition in world
Two years ago, when the development team for Inertia was studying degrees at Southern Methodist University, winning a $100,000 check in Las Vegas must have seemed like a far cry.