Trends in Computer Animation
With the advancement of technology, computer animation lends itself to many different fields. The increasing accessibility of technological products and its applications has created ever-changing new trends in computer animation.
Computer animation is a rapidly expanding industry that is ripe with creative opportunities. The growth of the cable industry and the popularity of the World Wide Web have opened up more trends in computer arts and animation than ever before.
Traditionally, computer animation has been geared mainly towards television and big screen film makers. Animated, computer generated, and multi-media features have become increasingly popular in both television and film, and have drawn interest from adults and children alike. Award-winning graphic film techniques have gained worldwide attention and recognition for special effects and animation.
Computer applications and video game design have become increasingly realistic and user-friendly. Computer graphic animators are breaking new ground constantly, creating applications that are more user-friendly and interactive.
Today, we are seeing stunning examples of computer animation in the most unexpected places. Creative new ideas are being applied to industries all around us, making it easier for businesses to relay useful information and services.
Web design has made it easier for people to gather information, make product comparisons, and purchase goods and services online. Interactive applications allow us to obtain immediate information at the click of a mouse.
Futuristic design concepts have provided incredibly useful applications in engineering. Computer automated drafting had enabled architects to design custom homes to customer expectations before their eyes. These techniques are also used in interior design, landscape design, constructing bridges, city planning, and even in the creation of rail and road systems.
Healthcare providers are now using computer animation to demonstrate bodily functions and processes, and human anatomy. Doctors are utilizing special programs to assist in planning and conducting surgical procedures, and with amazing precision.
Educators of all types are using computer animated programs as visual teaching aides. Students benefit from interactive learning, and from realistic graphic depictions of their subject matter.
Artists who work in all media utilize computer animation to plan, create, construct and promote their works. Even make-up artists are delving into the high-tech computer animated field to advance their creative visions.
Photographers have more platforms to create and design than ever before. Wedding and special event design trends have moved towards creative photojournalistic styles and movie-type videos. Traditional photographic sessions can produce amazing and creative results with computer animation programs.
Computer animation has had a huge impact on commercial advertising. New computerized billboards have appeared along highways that feature creative animation and design. These new-fangled boards eliminate the need for the physical replacement of signs.
Cellular phones and mobile devices are putting the technology right in the palm of our hands. People are anxious to outfit their electronics with graphics to suit their moods.
The field of computer animation only promises to expand into the infinite future. Industry trends and opportunities in the field are growing and adapting to all walks of life.
Schools Offering Training Programs in Computer Animation
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses
Latest Computer Animation Articles & News
Milwaukee seventh-grader wins nationwide contest for video game design
A seventh-grader from Milwaukee, Wisconsin has been named one of the 12 contestants to win the national contest for original video game design.
Recent grads win biggest independent game competition in world
Two years ago, when the development team for Inertia was studying degrees at Southern Methodist University, winning a $100,000 check in Las Vegas must have seemed like a far cry.