What is the Job Outlook for Computer Animation?
The field of computer animation has seen enormous growth over the past decade due in part to the advancement of animation technology and in part to the expanding career options available to those who work in the field. The job outlook for computer animation occupations is optimistic as job growth is expected to continue to rise well into the next decade and beyond.
Thanks to new animation software and techniques that have been developed, computer animation is no longer reserved for special effects that are impossible to create in the real world. Today, computer animation is chosen as an inexpensive alternative to creating a real world scene. This means more jobs for animators since this skill is now being used routinely in most films being produced today. Of course, the new technology has also opened up a whole new world of 3D films which have been warmly accepted by the viewing audience. These films require large teams of computer animation professionals. In addition, the traditional role of computer animation is still strong today. The creation of futuristic worlds and spectacular special effects which dazzle audiences in movie theaters may not be the only job for animators, but it is the one they are most noted for.
The job outlook for computer animation professionals looks good in other sectors as well. Thanks to the internet and flashy websites with animated advertisements, computer animators have another fast growing outlet for their work. They can create advertisements for major corporations or they can create animated websites and online games.
Another form of advertising that uses computer animation is found on TV in the form of commercials. Animators can find many job opportunities in the television industry in the creation of cartoons, commercials, and effects for TV programs.
The video game industry offers even more job opportunities for animators. Video game technology is rapidly advancing and many use stop motion technology which computer animators are trained in. Computer animators can be employed in this field and they can even specialize in video game design.
The job outlook for computer animation careers is so optimistic because all the major employment areas are expected to continue their phenomenal growth which will create the need for more computer animation professionals. This will provide job security for those already working in the field and will make it easier for new grads to find jobs.
The field of computer animation is very competitive however as this is a career which also requires innate artistic ability and creativity. A degree from an accredited institution with a good reputation is essential. Building up a strong portfolio while in college is also very important as potential employers will evaluate applicants based upon the work in their portfolio. A bachelor's degree in computer animation will typically be required for employment consideration by large media companies and film production studios.
The job outlook for computer animation professionals is very good and is expected to stay that way for the foreseeable future. Computer animation professionals are expected to enjoy competitive salaries, job security, and diverse job sectors to choose from.
Schools Offering Training Programs in Computer Animation
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
50 Years of Excellence In Education
Coleman University is a private non-profit teaching university founded in 1963 and located in San Diego, California. Its undergraduate and graduate programs prepare individuals for technology-focused careers and leadership. As San Diego’s oldest school dedicated to information technology, Coleman University has historically educated a large number of the region’s business-technology professionals.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Latest Computer Animation Articles & News
Milwaukee seventh-grader wins nationwide contest for video game design
A seventh-grader from Milwaukee, Wisconsin has been named one of the 12 contestants to win the national contest for original video game design.
Recent grads win biggest independent game competition in world
Two years ago, when the development team for Inertia was studying degrees at Southern Methodist University, winning a $100,000 check in Las Vegas must have seemed like a far cry.