What is the Job Outlook for Computer Animation?
The field of computer animation has seen enormous growth over the past decade due in part to the advancement of animation technology and in part to the expanding career options available to those who work in the field. The job outlook for computer animation occupations is optimistic as job growth is expected to continue to rise well into the next decade and beyond.
Thanks to new animation software and techniques that have been developed, computer animation is no longer reserved for special effects that are impossible to create in the real world. Today, computer animation is chosen as an inexpensive alternative to creating a real world scene. This means more jobs for animators since this skill is now being used routinely in most films being produced today. Of course, the new technology has also opened up a whole new world of 3D films which have been warmly accepted by the viewing audience. These films require large teams of computer animation professionals. In addition, the traditional role of computer animation is still strong today. The creation of futuristic worlds and spectacular special effects which dazzle audiences in movie theaters may not be the only job for animators, but it is the one they are most noted for.
The job outlook for computer animation professionals looks good in other sectors as well. Thanks to the internet and flashy websites with animated advertisements, computer animators have another fast growing outlet for their work. They can create advertisements for major corporations or they can create animated websites and online games.
Another form of advertising that uses computer animation is found on TV in the form of commercials. Animators can find many job opportunities in the television industry in the creation of cartoons, commercials, and effects for TV programs.
The video game industry offers even more job opportunities for animators. Video game technology is rapidly advancing and many use stop motion technology which computer animators are trained in. Computer animators can be employed in this field and they can even specialize in video game design.
The job outlook for computer animation careers is so optimistic because all the major employment areas are expected to continue their phenomenal growth which will create the need for more computer animation professionals. This will provide job security for those already working in the field and will make it easier for new grads to find jobs.
The field of computer animation is very competitive however as this is a career which also requires innate artistic ability and creativity. A degree from an accredited institution with a good reputation is essential. Building up a strong portfolio while in college is also very important as potential employers will evaluate applicants based upon the work in their portfolio. A bachelor's degree in computer animation will typically be required for employment consideration by large media companies and film production studios.
The job outlook for computer animation professionals is very good and is expected to stay that way for the foreseeable future. Computer animation professionals are expected to enjoy competitive salaries, job security, and diverse job sectors to choose from.
Schools Offering Training Programs in Computer Animation
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
The goal of Coleman University is to provide a program of superior undergraduate and graduate education for IT professionals.
Latest Computer Animation Articles & News
Milwaukee seventh-grader wins nationwide contest for video game design
A seventh-grader from Milwaukee, Wisconsin has been named one of the 12 contestants to win the national contest for original video game design.
Recent grads win biggest independent game competition in world
Two years ago, when the development team for Inertia was studying degrees at Southern Methodist University, winning a $100,000 check in Las Vegas must have seemed like a far cry.