Schools for Culinary Arts
Culinary Arts Programs
Good food is an earthly pleasure that is celebrated around the world. And in the hands of a professional, food becomes appealing to the eye, appetizing to the palate, and provides nourishment and fuel for the body.
The culinary arts are both art and science, perhaps even equal parts chemistry and creativity. They require an intimate knowledge of food's qualities and properties as well as solid preparation techniques and artistic flair.
There are a variety of careers that can be forged in culinary kitchens. Chef, sous chef, pastry chef, baker, hotel manager, food writer, and wine expert are just some of these career paths that you can take.
Culinary Art programs feature every aspect of Food and Beverage Management. Aspiring chefs wanting to enter the culinary field need to learn not only culinary skills and techniques, but they must also train in the areas of nutrition, sanitation and, purchasing skills. And although it is common for chefs and bakers to learn their occupation by on-the-job training, it takes good business, marketing, and accounting skills to run a successful hotel or restaurant.
A successful career in Culinary Arts requires hands-on practice as well as classroom training or online instruction from a respected institute. A formal education in the Culinary Arts provides you with not only practical work experience; it also provides a recognized endorsement of your abilities and knowledge.
Culinary Arts Schools
- Baking & Pastry (D)
- Art of Cooking (D)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.