Schools for Jewelry and Accessory Design
The design of jewelry and the repair of such products all fall under the educational category of Jewelry and Accessory Design programs
Students studying in one of these programs learn the basics of creating different types of jewelry, as well as the different elements used in the design of the jewelry. They also learn the principles of color theory and the basics of marketing.
The main classes a student takes revolves around the design of jewelry, as well as the repair of jewelry pieces. They learn metallurgy techniques and how to bend or twist the metal to create certain pieces. They also take classes in composition, or how the design works together. Students also learn the elements of jewelry use, as in designing pieces that customers wear....Read More[+]
Schools that offer Schools for Jewelry and Accessory Design programs
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Fashion Design Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Young designer dresses Glee star for Emmy Awards
Heather Morris, who plays Brittany on the hit Fox television series "Glee," walked down the red carpet at the Emmy's wearing a deep blue gown with a plunging neckline and sprial construction.