Sewing & Dressmaking Schools
Students who study Dressmaking will learn the basic principles of design and fashion.
Students interested in Dressmaking and Design programs have the option of studying on campus or via correspondence. This design course covers seven main concepts.
- An Introduction to Sewing - Students will learn the history of sewing, and the different types of modern sewing. Also covered in this lesson set are an introduction to stitches, seams, and patterns.
- An Introduction to the Sewing Machine - It covers proper handling of the machine, and also general maintenance and troubleshooting. Students learn sewing techniques, and how to apply tension appropriates.
- Identifying Fibers and Fabrics - In this set, students learn the difference between fabrics and how to select an appropriate fabric. This set also covers binding, cutting, interfacing, and marking fabrics.
Schools that offer Sewing & Dressmaking Schools programs
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Operates out of a modern, state-of-the-art studio space in the heart of downtown Toronto overlooking Dundas Square.
- Provides students with access to industry-standard equipment and resources, such as green screens and cameras.
- Offers specialized assistance services for international students, including housing support and peer tutoring.
- A part of the RCC Institute of Technology group of schools.
- Faculty and alumni are regular credited and involved in films at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).
- 2 campuses located in Dundas and Steeles in Toronto, Ontario.
- Their institutional scholarship is available to students who qualify.
- Campus features a Creative lab, where students may learn and get practice using industry standard hardware and software.
- Programs and courses include training in game development, graphic design, interior design, marketing and merchandising for fashion, and more.
- Provides career placement services including an online resume building tool, portfolio assistance, and interview skill development.
Latest Fashion Design Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Young designer dresses Glee star for Emmy Awards
Heather Morris, who plays Brittany on the hit Fox television series "Glee," walked down the red carpet at the Emmy's wearing a deep blue gown with a plunging neckline and sprial construction.