Fashion Design and Apparel
There are many possibilities for the student considering a career in the field of fashion design, and a multitude of programs to choose from.
Here are some fashion design programs related to production, marketing, and promotion.
A student with a strong sense of style may wish to work towards being a fashion designer. While a two- or four-year degree is not mandatory, it is very useful in gaining contacts. Networking is very important to an up-and-coming fashion designer. Designers study fashion trends and create their own styles of clothing for men, women, and children. Most of the time potential designers work with a senior designer as an assistant and gradually work their way up to managing their own lines of clothing....Read More[+]
Schools that offer Fashion Design and Apparel programs
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Fashion Design Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Young designer dresses Glee star for Emmy Awards
Heather Morris, who plays Brittany on the hit Fox television series "Glee," walked down the red carpet at the Emmy's wearing a deep blue gown with a plunging neckline and sprial construction.