Topology is a mathematical study of geometric properties with several different branches such as algebraic and differential topology. Perhaps the first person to bring attention to the beginnings of topology was Euler. In 1736, Leonhard Euler published a paper relating the discovery of a different type of geometry where distance wasn't relevant.
In addition to its purely mathematical beginnings, topology now refers to the layout of connected devices or the physical interconnection of various elements in computer networking. This can refer to various elements within a computer network such as links, nodes, or anything that makes up the virtural shape of the network. Network Topologies can be either physical or logical or both. For example, A Local Area Network (LAN) is an example of a network that is both physical and logical.
Topology in Math Studies
- Math World Mathemathical Topology Resources
- Geometry and Topology Index A History of Topology
- Algebraic and Geometric Topology Mathemathical Topology Articles and Studies
- Department of Mathematics at University of California Topology Research
- Cornell University Course notes, Book Projects, and Papers.
- Alegebraic Topology Topology Discussion Groups
- Algebraic Topology Topology Materials
- Topology Atlas Topology Materials, News, Topics, Etc.
- Topology Course Lecture Notes
- Pepperdine University Topology Information
- University of Oxford Topology Research Group
- The Canter Set The Cantor Discontinum is a Favorite Example of Topology
- Course Notes Introduction to Differential Topology
- Low Dimensional Topology Links to Low Dimensional Topology
- The Mathematical Association of America A List of Recommended Books on Topology
Topology in Science
- University of Berkeley Toplogy Stuides of Magnetic Alloys
- Department of Biochemistry, University of Bristol Topology sudies with Biosynthetic Gragments
- Macromolecules Topological Studies of Biomodal Networks
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory Cystallographic Topology
- Science Direct Proceedings of the Infinite Dimensional Analysis and Topology Conference 2009
- UC Davis Topology Glossary
Topology in Computer Network
- Morphism Design Topology Studies
- Network Topologies Different Types of Network Topologies
- Computer Network Topology Different Types of Network Topologies
- Computer Tech Doc Network Topologies Specifics
- Computer Networking Tutorial Network Topology Tutorial Video
- Edraw Soft Network Topology Diagrams
- VideoJug Video-How to Use Network Topology in Computer Networking
- Computer Hope Ring Topologies
- Stanford University Topology Methods in Scientific, Computing, Statistics and Computer Science
Latest Fashion Design Articles & News
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Young designer dresses Glee star for Emmy Awards
Heather Morris, who plays Brittany on the hit Fox television series "Glee," walked down the red carpet at the Emmy's wearing a deep blue gown with a plunging neckline and sprial construction.