The Dream Job for the Gamer in You
Many gamers would love the chance to be paid for playing and testing games. They believe a job like that would be a dream, but it can be made a reality. Most game design students started out as avid gamers, and they are paid to do something they really enjoy.
As game designers, avid gamers don't have to wait for the latest games to hit the market. They can actually be a part of the gaming world and work with gaming companies to create the latest and greatest games and gaming systems. Being a game designer is both rewarding and fun.
There are many reasons why gamers make excellent designers, other than the love of the game itself. An interest in new and evolving technology, along with a vivid imagination and desire are great traits that gamers and game designers alike share.
The Latest and Greatest
Gamers are always seeks to be on the cutting edge of technology, whether it's high definition graphics, real-time interaction with other players, or consoles with more available memory. Gamers who enjoy the latest and greatest aren't playing on outdated systems; they are the first in line to purchase the newest and hottest equipment and games. Gamers who easily adapt to technological changes and push the advances to their limits generally excel in game design careers.
The Desire for the Perfect Game
Gaming is also a business that is ever changing, making it a perfect fit for the gamer who wants to be in the driver's seat dictating what the latest gaming advancements should entail. Gamers who are attracted to careers in game design are individuals who have always wanted to take everything they have ever thought was cool about games and gaming systemsremove everything they've always dislikedand create the next big gaming hit. All gamers have their opinions about the games they play, and getting into game design is a way to put those opinions into action.
Exhilarating Game Ideas
Even novice gamers have a storehouse of game and system ideas locked away in their imaginations, making these gamers ideal candidates for game design companies. The top gaming companies are always on the lookout for individuals who can bring new, exciting game ideas to the table, whether it is for an online children's game or an adults-only console game. Fresh storylines and unique design elements are both highly rewarded in game design.
A Love of the Game
Gaming doesn't have to be just a hobby. Game designers excel at their jobs because they love their jobs. Gamers who understand the gaming world and have the insight to know how it can be improved should explore the possibilities of a career in game design. Many of the top game designers in the world started out as gamers and turned their passion into their dream jobs.
A career in game design makes sense if you possess these qualities. With some education and experience, any avid gamer can take their hobby of gaming from one of play to one of creation. Gamers who have designed the games they play no doubt enjoy their jobs as much as one possibly can, and if you're an avid gamer, you can do it too.
Schools Offering Training Programs in Game Design
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
50 Years of Excellence In Education
Coleman University is a private non-profit teaching university founded in 1963 and located in San Diego, California. Its undergraduate and graduate programs prepare individuals for technology-focused careers and leadership. As San Diego’s oldest school dedicated to information technology, Coleman University has historically educated a large number of the region’s business-technology professionals.
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Game Design Articles & News
Detroit holds first annual design festival
Detroit will be hosting its first-ever design festival in order to promote designers in all fields in the area, according to The Detroit News.
National Design Award ceremony takes place next Tuesday
The finalists and winners of this year's National Design Awards will be having their annual ceremony a little late this year.