The Dream Job for the Gamer in You
Many gamers would love the chance to be paid for playing and testing games. They believe a job like that would be a dream, but it can be made a reality. Most game design students started out as avid gamers, and they are paid to do something they really enjoy.
As game designers, avid gamers don't have to wait for the latest games to hit the market. They can actually be a part of the gaming world and work with gaming companies to create the latest and greatest games and gaming systems. Being a game designer is both rewarding and fun.
There are many reasons why gamers make excellent designers, other than the love of the game itself. An interest in new and evolving technology, along with a vivid imagination and desire are great traits that gamers and game designers alike share.
The Latest and Greatest
Gamers are always seeks to be on the cutting edge of technology, whether it's high definition graphics, real-time interaction with other players, or consoles with more available memory. Gamers who enjoy the latest and greatest aren't playing on outdated systems; they are the first in line to purchase the newest and hottest equipment and games. Gamers who easily adapt to technological changes and push the advances to their limits generally excel in game design careers.
The Desire for the Perfect Game
Gaming is also a business that is ever changing, making it a perfect fit for the gamer who wants to be in the driver's seat dictating what the latest gaming advancements should entail. Gamers who are attracted to careers in game design are individuals who have always wanted to take everything they have ever thought was cool about games and gaming systemsremove everything they've always dislikedand create the next big gaming hit. All gamers have their opinions about the games they play, and getting into game design is a way to put those opinions into action.
Exhilarating Game Ideas
Even novice gamers have a storehouse of game and system ideas locked away in their imaginations, making these gamers ideal candidates for game design companies. The top gaming companies are always on the lookout for individuals who can bring new, exciting game ideas to the table, whether it is for an online children's game or an adults-only console game. Fresh storylines and unique design elements are both highly rewarded in game design.
A Love of the Game
Gaming doesn't have to be just a hobby. Game designers excel at their jobs because they love their jobs. Gamers who understand the gaming world and have the insight to know how it can be improved should explore the possibilities of a career in game design. Many of the top game designers in the world started out as gamers and turned their passion into their dream jobs.
A career in game design makes sense if you possess these qualities. With some education and experience, any avid gamer can take their hobby of gaming from one of play to one of creation. Gamers who have designed the games they play no doubt enjoy their jobs as much as one possibly can, and if you're an avid gamer, you can do it too.
Schools Offering Training Programs in Game Design
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Game Design Articles & News
Detroit holds first annual design festival
Detroit will be hosting its first-ever design festival in order to promote designers in all fields in the area, according to The Detroit News.
National Design Award ceremony takes place next Tuesday
The finalists and winners of this year's National Design Awards will be having their annual ceremony a little late this year.