Graphic Design Schools in CA
As the most populated state in the US, there is a lot of everything. The offering of graphic design schools in California is no exception. Students can choose between a wide range of educational establishments ranging from fully-fledged university and college departments to specialized graphic design schools that aim to offer a niche experience.
Among the latter group, we can include the Art Institutes with campus offerings in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Ana, and Santa Monica. The program range is extensive but varies by location, so it’s always best to request information, letting them know where you live. Nonetheless, students can find available programs covering Advanced Graphic Design, Advertising Design, Art & Design Technology (Graphic Design), Design Management, Graphic Design Production, Graphic & Desktop Design , Graphic Design , and Graphic Design & Foundation for Design among many others. The Art Institute Online is a separate division of the Art Institutes offering an online campus. Here too there is a graphic design option at Diploma, Bachelor, Associate and Master Degree level.
The School of Graphic Design at the Academy of Art University offer s a BFA graphic design program that encompasses the entire range of visual communication. Graduates should have gained an understanding of the synthesis of form and content, typographic excellence, a command of materials and technical proficiency.
California Institute of the Arts in Valencia, CA, or CalArts as it likes to be known, offers BFA and MFA programs in Graphic Design which aim to prepare the student for professional options such as Web design, motion graphics, editorial design, environmental graphics, film title and broadcast design, exhibitions and careers in education. The programs stress both practical and conceptual skills and should enable the young designer to combine a command of visual language with his or her imagination, theory and the new technologies.
Of the former group is California State University, at Long Beach, CA. The program covers graphic design, advertising art direction, motion graphics and web design. According to CSU, it has been ranked among the top eight of over three hundred programs in a national survey of professional designers. Apart from the curriculum in graphics, majors should obtain a basic liberal arts education, providing an intellectual base to problem solving. In-state students can expect to pay a little over $3,100 in tuition and fees per year and out-of-state students, just under $13,300.
Meanwhile UCLA, their BA in Design begins with a study of basic design elements and processes: form, color, drawing, typography and letterforms, motion graphics, and the introduction of interactivity and media arts. At the upper division level, studio courses look at the current usage of interactive media, new directions in visual communication design, including the study of time and motion, virtual form and space in computer generated environments. Californian students can expect to pay approximately $7,000 in tuition and fees, while out-of-state students will pay a little over $26,100.
Schools Offering Training Programs in Graphic Design
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
- Computer Animation (MFA)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Graphic Design Articles & News
Designers to submit artwork to wine label contest
Graphic designers and artists are now able to enter the annual Artist Series Wine Label Design contest for The Capital Grille, and can submit their creations until October 7, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
Graphic designers fighting against new design opportunity at Huffington Post
The Huffington Post has recently issued a contest, asking graphic designers to create a new logo. However, the winning individual will not be paid for their design - they will only be recognized by name, rather than compensation, according to AdWeek.