As the computer age spread into the business work force Herzing University was one of the first post-secondary institutions founded to meet the demand for computer literate employees. Herzing has been in the business and computer related fields since 1965, growing to cover five campuses in Canada, six in the United States and the addition of its online division at herzingonline.com
This physical expansion of Herzing was complemented by the addition of the fields of business management, health care, design and public safety which add further diversity to its educational programs.
The management and executives of Herzing have been nationally recognized in their achievements for many years.
It is the mission of Herzing University to provide high-quality undergraduate and graduate degrees and diploma programs to prepare a diverse and geographically distributed student population to meet the needs of employers in technology, business, healthcare (including social work), design, and public safety. Career-oriented degree programs include a complementary and integrated general education curriculum established to stimulate students’ intellectual growth, to contribute to their personal development, and to enhance their potential for career advancement.
Herzing University maintains its standards by maintaining the following goals:
- Provide a stable and ethical climate in which students and employees are encouraged to be the best.
- To employ and give admissions assistance for all eligible students, consequently providing access to Herzing University's professional and advanced education programs.
- Employers seek skills with focus on development and career based higher education programs comprising technical curriculum.
- To provide education that will enhance a student's oral, written and analytical skills as well as provide intellectual and personal growth.
- Students undergo development and are provided services which enable them to strengthen their experience in the educational field and opportunity enhancement in order to accomplish their career objectives.
- Major programs and processes offered by the college are periodically evaluated, revised and improved to ensure continuous growth thereby institutional objectives are achieved.
The educational philosophy of the Herzing University is focused on the commitments through which education is expected to augment the capacity of an individual in order to accomplish a studentÃs personal and career objectives. In order to succeed in technical and business careers with the general education fundamentals that will prepare them to think analytically, communicate effectively, and advance professionally and personally, the Herzing University programs balance the teaching of skills that are required of graduates in order to succeed.
Herzing University Mission Statement
Providing a diverse student body with the means to meet the needs of employers in technology, business, health care, design, and public safety by providing quality higher education programs and degrees. Although highly focused on career enhancing skills, the degree programs also include classes on general subjects; this broad scope of education will build a foundation for students to attain personal growth and further their career possibilities.
Higher education can enhance an individual's capacity to attain personal and career goals - The Herzing University educational philosophy is based upon this. Herzing University programs balance the teaching of skills that are required of graduates in order to succeed in technical and business careers with the general education fundamentals that will prepare them to think analytically, communicate effectively, and advance professionally and personally.
The University's Institutional Mission Statement is core to its philosophy. The University has identified the following Educational Objectives:
- To stimulate students' intellectual inquiry, in order to implement its educational philosophy.
- To provide current, real-world skills and knowledge that students can employ in the workplace.
- To increase students' verbal and written talents.
- To develop the leadership capabilities and participation of students.
- Working with the students to help them become a well rounded individual.
Disclaimer: Herzing University admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, https://www.herzing.edu/consumer-disclosures
Herzing University list of campuses:
- Herzing College - Winnipeg Online
You might also be interested in other program areas:
Disclaimer: Information on this page was not provided or commissioned by the featured school. Information has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the featured school.