Industrial Design Training Schools
Industrial design programs cover both industrial design and vehicle design, depending on the program. The goal of these programs is to give the students the skills and abilities they need to work in the field as a professional. The students learns how to make products better and how to give customers what they want out of a product.
In simple terms, theses students focus on taking an idea and making it better. They begin doing this as soon as they start taking classes by working with existing products. As their coursework progresses, they work with more popular items and also create products of their own. The students learn to harness their own ideas, work with tools to create or change a product and make the final changes to a product.
Students also learn technical skills relating to the creation or design of a product. This relates to cars and other vehicles, and also a variety of other products such as furniture and toys. They learn how to make 3-D models and models on the computer to show potential clients how they would change the product. The students take classes in business to learn professional ethics and how the business of industrial design works.
Once the student finishes their degree program, they usually work in the design field. There are many students who attend graduate school to continue their education, but many others take an entry-level job. They work for large corporations as consultants to help change existing products and as designers to create new products. They may also work in advertising and marketing firms as consultants.
Industrial Design Schools
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Industrial Design Articles & News
GE Healthcare honored with design award
This year's Industrial Designers Society of America's Design Excellence Award was given to GE Healthcare for their new and innovative Magnetic Resonance Imaging device.
Students design tent for astronauts
Engineering and industrial design students from North Carolina State University were given the chance to build a tent for astronauts on a manned mission to Mars, and they feel as if they have succeeded.