Interior Design Professional Societies
Interior design societies were created to give those professionals working in the field access to information and resources that they wouldn't otherwise have. The member pays a set fee every year and then has access to that information. There are currently two major interior design societies for professionals operating in the United States.
The first of the professional interior design societies is the aptly named Interior Design Society or IDS. They currently have chapters operating in big cities across the country and in over thirty states. IDS hosts several national events every year, and also has a newsletter that's sent to every member several times a year.
The IDS website also allows members to create their own account to stay connected. They can request that the newsletter be sent to their email address, find contact information for other members, and find access to other chapters in the country. In addition they have discounted memberships available for students currently enrolled in an interior design program.
There are four separate levels to membership in the IDS - student, affiliate, associate and professional. Each level has a different price associated and different benefits for members. Those working as an interior designer will find that the professional level contains far more benefits and resources than any of the other levels.
The other of the major interior design societies is the American Society of Interior Designers or ASID. The ASID is one of the oldest professional societies of its kind in the world. They currently have over 20,000 members practicing throughout the world and in a number of different specialties.
One of the benefits of joining the ASID is that it allows members to advertise on their website and in their newsletter. They can also advertise with the ASID logo, which shows others that the company is affiliated with a professional group. The ASID also makes all members adhere to strict rules of conducts and ethics regulations.
The biggest benefit of joining one of the professional interior design societies is that each year they host a number of workshops and seminars that are only open to registered members. These events showcase the newest programs and technologies that are changing the profession. There are also a few events like housing fairs and festivals that members get discounted admission with their membership card. It helps interior designers find brand new products to show clients and meet new manufacturers.
Professional societies devoted to interior design also allow for a host of networking opportunities. Designers have the chance to meet with other designers in their area at the meetings or workshops. It can lead to new clients from referrals of contacts and to new local manufacturers that the other designers use frequently.
Interior designers join professional societies like the IDS and ASID for these reasons and a whole lot more. Many people join while still in college and continue to renew their membership because they continue to learn new things every year and meet new contacts.
Schools Offering Training Programs in Interior Design
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
Latest Interior Design Articles & News
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.
Interior design company sweeps IDEA awards
A Richmond, Virginia, based design firm, Visible Proof, has garnered many of the top honors during the IDEA awards luncheon.