Interior Design Graduate Schools
Students who attend a four year college and leave with a degree in interior design may look forward to graduate school. Here those students have the opportunity to learn more about the field, gain firsthand experience in design, and work on a project that shows future employers their talents.
One of the graduate schools for interior design is the Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia. This two-year program allows students to focus their attention solely on interior design and their concentration, without any of the electives or required classes. The student also completes a thesis project prior to graduation that focuses on their given specialty. SCAD, as it's also known, has internships available for students and some of their graduate level classes can be taken online.
The New York School of Interior Design, New York, is the best rated interior design graduate program in the United States. Their Master of Fine Arts degree program allows students to focus on either interior architecture or interior design. Students start out in a traditional classroom, then progress to advanced seminars and studio work. In their last year of the program, they focus their attention on a year long thesis project. Once the thesis is completed, the student meets with their professors and discusses their thesis project to receive their degree.
Parsons: The New School of Design is one of the most coveted schools for interior design. The Parsons name is synonymous with design and has bred some of the most famous designers in the world. Students begin by learning the history of interior design, then focus on the practices and processes of making different materials. From there they choose their concentration and go on to learn how to apply these theories to the real world. In addition students are encouraged to complete an internship during their course of study to learn what they'll face once out of school. Interior design and interior architecture programs are both offered by the Parsons: The New School of Design.
The School of Art Institute of Chicago also offers interior design graduate programs. The Master of Fine Arts program from this Illinois school is unique in that its focus is on studio work as opposed to classroom learning. From the first year, students work in the studio to learn how interior design applies to buildings and specific settings. They are also offer internships to learn practical information that they'll use in the future.
Those with a graduate degree are more likely to gain employment after finishing college. Employers know that these students are dedicated and focused to interior design and ready to work in the field. The students also have their thesis project, which they can show in their portfolio of work.
Schools Offering Training Programs in Interior Design
- Interior Design (MFA)
- Interior Design (D)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available to students who qualify.
- Has over 50 locations in 27 countries around the world.
- Tuition covers equipment costs, including an Apple MacBook Pro and other recording equipment
- United States campuses offer programs in Audio Technology, Beat Lab Production, Electronic Music Production, iPhone App Development, and Music Business.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
Latest Interior Design Articles & News
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.
Interior design company sweeps IDEA awards
A Richmond, Virginia, based design firm, Visible Proof, has garnered many of the top honors during the IDEA awards luncheon.