Interior Design Graduate Schools
Students who attend a four year college and leave with a degree in interior design may look forward to graduate school. Here those students have the opportunity to learn more about the field, gain firsthand experience in design, and work on a project that shows future employers their talents.
One of the graduate schools for interior design is the Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia. This two-year program allows students to focus their attention solely on interior design and their concentration, without any of the electives or required classes. The student also completes a thesis project prior to graduation that focuses on their given specialty. SCAD, as it's also known, has internships available for students and some of their graduate level classes can be taken online.
The New York School of Interior Design, New York, is the best rated interior design graduate program in the United States. Their Master of Fine Arts degree program allows students to focus on either interior architecture or interior design. Students start out in a traditional classroom, then progress to advanced seminars and studio work. In their last year of the program, they focus their attention on a year long thesis project. Once the thesis is completed, the student meets with their professors and discusses their thesis project to receive their degree.
Parsons: The New School of Design is one of the most coveted schools for interior design. The Parsons name is synonymous with design and has bred some of the most famous designers in the world. Students begin by learning the history of interior design, then focus on the practices and processes of making different materials. From there they choose their concentration and go on to learn how to apply these theories to the real world. In addition students are encouraged to complete an internship during their course of study to learn what they'll face once out of school. Interior design and interior architecture programs are both offered by the Parsons: The New School of Design.
The School of Art Institute of Chicago also offers interior design graduate programs. The Master of Fine Arts program from this Illinois school is unique in that its focus is on studio work as opposed to classroom learning. From the first year, students work in the studio to learn how interior design applies to buildings and specific settings. They are also offer internships to learn practical information that they'll use in the future.
Those with a graduate degree are more likely to gain employment after finishing college. Employers know that these students are dedicated and focused to interior design and ready to work in the field. The students also have their thesis project, which they can show in their portfolio of work.
Schools Offering Training Programs in Interior Design
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Interior Design Articles & News
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.
Interior design company sweeps IDEA awards
A Richmond, Virginia, based design firm, Visible Proof, has garnered many of the top honors during the IDEA awards luncheon.