The 10 Best Interior Design Websites
Like all ten best lists this one is purely "IMAO" (In My Arrogant Opinion). These are sites that, for me, capture the moment, extract the best from the physical world of interior design, and convert it in inspiration.
So without further ado, in reverse order for greater dramatic effect, here they are:
10. This Ain't No Disco (it's where we work).
The world's funkiest workspaces, beautifully photographed.
The sumptuous magazine converts chicly to the web. The internet format allows the incorporation of rich media. Even their video skin is annoyingly cool.
With a simple mission to "bring you news of great projects before anyone else", they generally do. The site is cleanly designed and the photographs sagely selected.
7. Apartment Therapy
With a tag line like "saving the world, one room at a time", you can guess that apartment therapy is more oriented to practical interior design than distant dreams. The site explores the ordinarily elegant, and while the photography could often be better, the realness is refreshing.
6. Mira en tu interior
101 fun things to do with vinyl. From Spain.
I can't think. My muse has abandoned me. I can't do it. Hang on, here are fourteen thousand, one hundred and eighty two photos. That'll help.
4. Interior Design
The mechanics of the site are a little clunky, but the content is hard to beat. Full projects explored and a great source of inspiration.
Over 45,000 products from 4,500 designers and 1,400 manufacturers. And I thought there was a lot of stuff in Ikea.
2. Plan My Room
Is there any better way to spend a wet Saturday afternoon? Probably, but this isn't bad either. The room planner software is intuitive and easy to use.
And finally... wait for it...
1. Ikea Hacker
They haven't repossessed my home yet. Until they do, I'm going to fill it with Ikea furniture and punk the heck out of it.
By Hamish Sterck
Schools Offering Training Programs in Interior Design
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
Latest Interior Design Articles & News
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.
Interior design company sweeps IDEA awards
A Richmond, Virginia, based design firm, Visible Proof, has garnered many of the top honors during the IDEA awards luncheon.