The 10 Best Interior Design Websites
Like all ten best lists this one is purely "IMAO" (In My Arrogant Opinion). These are sites that, for me, capture the moment, extract the best from the physical world of interior design, and convert it in inspiration.
So without further ado, in reverse order for greater dramatic effect, here they are:
10. This Ain't No Disco (it's where we work).
The world's funkiest workspaces, beautifully photographed.
The sumptuous magazine converts chicly to the web. The internet format allows the incorporation of rich media. Even their video skin is annoyingly cool.
With a simple mission to "bring you news of great projects before anyone else", they generally do. The site is cleanly designed and the photographs sagely selected.
7. Apartment Therapy
With a tag line like "saving the world, one room at a time", you can guess that apartment therapy is more oriented to practical interior design than distant dreams. The site explores the ordinarily elegant, and while the photography could often be better, the realness is refreshing.
6. Mira en tu interior
101 fun things to do with vinyl. From Spain.
I can't think. My muse has abandoned me. I can't do it. Hang on, here are fourteen thousand, one hundred and eighty two photos. That'll help.
4. Interior Design
The mechanics of the site are a little clunky, but the content is hard to beat. Full projects explored and a great source of inspiration.
Over 45,000 products from 4,500 designers and 1,400 manufacturers. And I thought there was a lot of stuff in Ikea.
2. Plan My Room
Is there any better way to spend a wet Saturday afternoon? Probably, but this isn't bad either. The room planner software is intuitive and easy to use.
And finally... wait for it...
1. Ikea Hacker
They haven't repossessed my home yet. Until they do, I'm going to fill it with Ikea furniture and punk the heck out of it.
By Hamish Sterck
Schools Offering Training Programs in Interior Design
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Interior Design Articles & News
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.
Interior design company sweeps IDEA awards
A Richmond, Virginia, based design firm, Visible Proof, has garnered many of the top honors during the IDEA awards luncheon.