International fashion design contest announced
on Monday,January 19,2009 21:01
An international lingerie manufacturer has started off the New Year by launching a global young designer competition.
Triumph International, which sells its products in 120 countries, is calling on young fashion and design students from around the world to submit entries for the competition that this year carries the design motto "Icons."
In order to be considered for the Triumph Inspiration Award 2009, the company asks contestants to use an icon of their choice as a source of inspiration to design a showpiece that includes one bra and one pair of briefs.
"Dealing with trends from art, culture, fashion and lifestyle that we depict anew in every collection is part of our daily work," says Jan Rosenberg, global head of sales and marketing for Triumph International.
The results will be announced during the Milan Fashion Week in September 2009, and the first prize will consist of 15,000 Euros and an opportunity to turn the project into a commercial product.
The competition, which has its second edition this year, is meant to offer young talent a launching pad for a professional career in the design industry, according to the company announcement.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.