Bad economy may help art and design students
on Wednesday,January 21,2009 21:01
Most people''s budgets are being squeezed these days, but some have found a creative solution to satisfy their undiminished appetite for stylish interiors: they turn to students for help.
Up-and-coming artists, including photography and design students as well as web designers, are in demand in some quarters to work on projects for which they often charge less than half of what established professionals do, according to dean Stan Trecker from the Art Institute of Boston, quoted by the Boston Herald.
Apart from financial considerations, these practices also have a potential to help young artists gain valuable experience and to make a name for themselves.
You get to pay the artists directly rather than go through the gallery where youll pay more. And its going to be fractions of what it will cost when they get famous, Margret Hall, a junior at AIB told the newspaper.
Schools, for their part, try to help their students and alumni by not only exhibiting their work but also by connecting them with prospective clients looking to save on art or home redecoration.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.