Foster design to rise on the Lower East Side
on Friday,January 23,2009 21:01
A New York gallery has announced plans to start the construction of its new impressive offices designed by a famous architect.
The Sperone Westwater Gallery will move to a new building designed by British architect Norman Foster which will be erected at 257 Bowery Street, according to inhabitat.com.
The eight-story building will feature a 12 x 20-foot moving hall that will connect five floors filled with artwork. The gallery envisions this "moving exhibit" as a new standard in experiencing art and a novel approach to vertical movement within a gallery building.
The structure also incorporates a sculpture terrace and a private viewing gallery above the public floors, and is set to double the exhibition space.
"The concept for Sperone Westwater Gallery is both a response to the Bowerys dynamic urban character and a desire to rethink the way in which we engage with art in the setting of a gallery," says Foster.
In a sign of times, the building will include an array of eco-friendly solutions, from glass walls - intended to bring in maximum daylight - and two layers of facade which will insulate the building from extreme temperatures, to channels allowing a natural flow of air.
The relocation is set to take place in December 2009.
Foster + Partners teamed up with architects from Adamson Associates to execute this project.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.