Foster design to rise on the Lower East Side
on Friday,January 23,2009 21:01
A New York gallery has announced plans to start the construction of its new impressive offices designed by a famous architect.
The Sperone Westwater Gallery will move to a new building designed by British architect Norman Foster which will be erected at 257 Bowery Street, according to inhabitat.com.
The eight-story building will feature a 12 x 20-foot moving hall that will connect five floors filled with artwork. The gallery envisions this "moving exhibit" as a new standard in experiencing art and a novel approach to vertical movement within a gallery building.
The structure also incorporates a sculpture terrace and a private viewing gallery above the public floors, and is set to double the exhibition space.
"The concept for Sperone Westwater Gallery is both a response to the Bowerys dynamic urban character and a desire to rethink the way in which we engage with art in the setting of a gallery," says Foster.
In a sign of times, the building will include an array of eco-friendly solutions, from glass walls - intended to bring in maximum daylight - and two layers of facade which will insulate the building from extreme temperatures, to channels allowing a natural flow of air.
The relocation is set to take place in December 2009.
Foster + Partners teamed up with architects from Adamson Associates to execute this project.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.