LV revitalization project to set example of green design
on Tuesday,February 03,2009 21:02
An office building in downtown Las Vegas is set to achieve an environmental certification and become a symbol of a new sustainable trend in architecture and design.
Thompson National Properties/Shangri-La Green Building Fund has bought the 11-story building and an adjacent parking garage and will work to obtain a silver certification under the U.S. Green Building Council''s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Rating System.
While primarily a business opportunity, the acquisition will also serve as a new standard of environmentally friendly building construction and management.
"The property represents a great opportunity to set a new standard for property redevelopment in converting a 1960s vintage, functionally obsolete, energy-wasting building into a state-of-the-art LEED rated facility," said Anthony W. "Tony" Thompson, chairman and CEO of Thompson National Properties.
The upcoming renovations and upgrades - to be orchestrated by Gensler of Nevada, a firm recognized as a leader in sustainable design - will include an array of energy efficiency and water reduction measures and illustrate that any building can be retrofitted to be environmentally sound.
It is yet another example of an increasingly popular "green" trend in architecture and design.
Many believe that demand for architects with knowledge of and experience with sustainable design will be growing dynamically in the years to come.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.