Did Super Bowl ads hail a new era for TV
on Tuesday,February 03,2009 21:02
The biggest sporting event of the year so far upped its entertainment value by running highly anticipated 3D ads.
At the end of the first half of last Sunday''s Super Bowl game between Pittsburgh Steelers and the Arizona Cardinals in Tampa, PepsiCo and DreamWorks Animation ran 3D ads for SoBe Lifewater and Monsters vs. Aliens. In addition to that, NBC aired a 3D episode of its comedy "Chuck" on the Monday after the game.
DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg sees it as a sign of things to come.
"This is as big of a deal - and as big of a transformation - as 70 years ago, when movies went from black and white to color," he told USA Today. "Over the next 10 or 15 years, it will become a part of everything that we do where we come in contact with video imaging."
The ads ran just a few weeks after Panasonic presented the first ever 3D Full High Definition Plasma Home Theater System at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Many believe that a new era of omnipresent 3D watching experience - thus far mainly available in specially equipped movie theaters - is dawning.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.