Photography Institute to open at AU in Beirut
on Wednesday,February 04,2009 18:02
Major American academic and cultural centers are teaming up to preserve photographic treasures of the Middle East.
The Photograph Preservation Institute, hosted jointly by the University of Delaware and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, in collaboration with the Arab Image Foundation, will include lectures, demonstrations, hands-on projects, visits to view collections, and case studies.
The aim of the project will be to promote and educate about the conservation of the photographic legacy of the Middle East.
"Despite a wealth of photographic heritage dating from the early 19th century to the present, there are no formally trained photograph conservators in the Middle East," says Debra Hess Norris, chairperson of the Department of Art Conservation and Henry F. du Pont Chair in Fine Arts at the University of Delaware.
She adds, "Our hope is that this program will advance the practice of photograph preservation throughout the region, as well as foster the exchange of preservation ideas, philosophies and techniques that will strengthen ties among us as conservators."
The photographs on display will show archaeological expeditions from the 1800s, as well as refugee camps and scenes from daily life in this troubled but fascinating part of the world.
The two-week event will take place on the campus of the American University in Beirut, Lebanon. It is funded by a $115,000 grant from the Getty Foundation.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.