Model promotes young designers and heart health
on Thursday,February 05,2009 20:02
In the run-up to Valentine''s Day, it has been announced that a German model will use her fame to promote women''s heart health.
Heidi Klum, best known for her work as the host of Project Runway - a show aiming to find and promote talented potential designers - is once again taking a role of a health advocate.
Through her contract with Diet Coke she will participate for the second year in a program to raise awareness about women''s heart health called "Heart Truth."
The program is run by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, and Klum has designed a special red dress charm for the promotion. Diet Coke will give away 10 copies of the jewelry, worth $3,000 each, according to promomagazine.com.
The charm, featuring rubies and diamonds, will emphasize the need for women to get educated about the risk of heart disease.
Caren Pasquale Seckler, group director for low-calorie colas at Coca-Cola North America says that "Heidi Klum''s star power helped the ''heart truth'' message reach millions of women last year, and with Heidi''s help, we hope to continue to keep the spotlight on this crucial issue."
Klum has been active in the fashion industry since 1992. Her credits include Victoria''s Secret, H&M, and Liz Claiborne. She has appeared on the covers of Vogue, ELLE, and Marie Claire.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.