Court clears Gehry design for construction
on Friday,February 06,2009 22:02
After a high-profile court case, a controversial architectural project is set to materialize in the heart of Jerusalem.
Frank Gehry''s design for the Museum of Tolerance, scheduled to be built on the site of an ancient Muslim cemetery, had been put on hold pending a case at Israel''s High Court of Justice. However, late last year it was announced that the court would allow the construction to proceed, according to the Architectural Record.
"I believe in the urgent need for a peace that is just for both sides. The museum will embody the values of respect and compassion that have guided many faiths spanning Jerusalem''s 3,000-year history," Gehry told the Architect''s Journal.
However, not everyone agrees.
A group of British architects expressed their support for the lobby group Architects and Planners for Justice in Palestine (APJP) and several human rights groups in their bid to halt the construction.
According to the MOTJ website, the 230,000-square-foot complex will house two multimedia museums addressing the themes of tolerance and social responsibility and will feature a state-of-the-art multilingual International Conference Center and Grand Hall for educators, scholars and leaders from around the world.
In addition to that, the 500-seat Theater for the Performing Arts will host films, concerts and town hall meetings contributing to a cultural revival of the city center.
The Simon Wiesenthal Center-backed project is estimated to cost $200 million and is expected to be completed by 2014.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.