Footwear business trade show to focus on innovation
on Monday,February 09,2009 20:02
This year''s convention of the World Shoe Association will concentrate on innovation and recession-coping strategies but is also set to prove the vibrancy of the industry.
The organizers of the upcoming WSA gathering - which largely determines which styles will dominate in the upcoming season - expect 87 new exhibitors featuring nearly 150 designers and brands in every footwear category from luxury to fashion, active, juniors, comfort, and children''s shoes.
However, given the difficult economic times, industry experts, designers, and retailers will also focus on strategies to innovate in order to survive and stay competitive.
"Today, it is more important than ever for buyers to come to one place where they can discover all the trends and experience more product in less time, and the WSA [convention will] provide the ideal environment for that to happen," says Diane Stone, chief operating officer of the WSA Show. "In the footwear industry, those who continue to innovate will be the best positioned for the future."
WSA Show and The Collections at WSA - which is the luxury designer segment of the exhibition - provide the most comprehensive footwear and accessories gathering in the world. The three-day event will open in Las Vegas on February 12 and host participants from over 90 countries.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.