CG conference sets new tone
on Monday,February 09,2009 20:02
The recently concluded International Computer Graphics Conference featured industry experts and professionals to showcase their work, scout new talent, and hand out awards in creative computer design.
The annual View Conference - focusing on Computer Graphics, Interactive Techniques, Digital Cinema, 3D Animation, Gaming and VFX - held in Turin, Italy, drew participants from around the world. This was reflected in the list of its award winners which featured 3D video animation from France, Denmark, and Germany.
The presentations featured, among others, Paul Topolos of Pixar, Lucia Modesto of PDI-DreamWorks, and Jack Grahm of Double Negative showing new techniques and projects spearheaded by their studios.
But it was also a chance for young hopefuls to hob-knob with industry greats and explore opportunities which may take some of them as far as Hollywood.
"We''re doing another Shrek, another Kung Fu Panda, and another Madagascar," said
Shelly Page of PDI-Dreamworks in a session dedicated to recruiting, quoted by animationblogspot.com, part of the conference''s website.
Artificial Intelligence in games was admittedly the hot topic of the conference as Ubisoft representatives explained their work on the character of Elika for the latest version of the Prince of Persia franchise.
According to the blog, the gross income in the game industry outpaced that of the film industry last year and grew by 40 percent.
Every year, View aims to reveal the new digital frontier moving from cinema to architecture, automotive design, advertisement, medicine, and videogames through lectures, meetings, exhibits, screenings and demo presentations.
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.