Foundation announces opening of photography exhibit
on Monday,February 16,2009 22:02
The Annenberg Foundation is sponsoring a three-month-long exhibit of photography whose inauguration will bring together renowned artists from the Los Angeles area.
The Annenberg Space for Photography''s premiere show called L8S ANG3LES will feature the work of Los Angeles-based photographers, including John Baldessari, Catherine Opie, Julius Shulman, and Lauren Greenfield. The photographs will represent the genre of fine art, architecture, documentary, fashion, photojournalism and celebrity portraits.
The exhibit will also include work from Los Angeles Times staff photographers capturing city life in all its bustling variety.
"The vision of these photographers reflects the vast talent and energy that have made Los Angeles into a world class city in less than a century," says Anne Wilkes Tucker, a curator of photography from the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston who served as special advisor for the opening installation.
The exhibition space will feature a traditional print gallery and a state-of-the-art digital presentation system capable of sharing a large number of photographs with the public in large and high-resolution format.
The Photography Space will also offer public programs which will include lectures and workshops related to L8S ANG3LES. The exhibit will open on March 27 and close on June 20, 2009.
Established in 1989, the Annenberg Foundation provides funding and support to nonprofit organizations around the world in the areas of education and youth development; arts, culture and humanities; civic and community life; health and human services; and animal services and the environment.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.