Conference discusses latest trends in the building industry
on Wednesday,February 18,2009 23:02
Architects, engineers and construction industry leaders have gathered to discuss new building tendencies in their respective fields.
The recently concluded quarterly Construct Knowledge Series Session found that green building is moving beyond individual products and increasingly demands an integrated design approach with a view to protect the natural environment.
During the event sponsored by Function, a marketing agency, roundtable discussion topics included sustainable building practices, industry trends and challenges, Building Information Modeling and useful technologies, as well as the Architecture 2030 challenge.
"As the market continues to evolve, we have found it is critical that [industry leaders] understand the latest trends to remain competitive," says Dana Castle, principal and managing partner of Function.
She adds that the Construct Knowledge Series allows for an exchange of views and experiences among architects, designers, engineers and contractors who are major players in the building and construction arena.
Architecture 2030 challenge is a project launched by an environmental advocacy group whose goal is to promote sustainable building practices that will reduce and eventually eliminate carbon emissions and waste by utilizing energy-saving measures.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Dedicated to providing a hands-on, career-focused education since 1953.
- Offers classes online, as well as at 14 campuses across California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois and Virginia.
- Develops curriculum with input from employers, subject matter experts.
- Has small class sizes to promote one-on-one, student-teacher interaction.
- Makes no-cost tutoring available in every subject to every enrolled student.
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
- Offers more than 150 self-paced, career-relevant programs that are connected to a supportive 24/7 online community of students and faculty.
- Profiled in many publications such as The Boston Globe, Fox Business, and Inside Higher Ed.
- Nearly 25,000 graduates each year.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.