Conference discusses latest trends in the building industry
on Wednesday,February 18,2009 23:02
Architects, engineers and construction industry leaders have gathered to discuss new building tendencies in their respective fields.
The recently concluded quarterly Construct Knowledge Series Session found that green building is moving beyond individual products and increasingly demands an integrated design approach with a view to protect the natural environment.
During the event sponsored by Function, a marketing agency, roundtable discussion topics included sustainable building practices, industry trends and challenges, Building Information Modeling and useful technologies, as well as the Architecture 2030 challenge.
"As the market continues to evolve, we have found it is critical that [industry leaders] understand the latest trends to remain competitive," says Dana Castle, principal and managing partner of Function.
She adds that the Construct Knowledge Series allows for an exchange of views and experiences among architects, designers, engineers and contractors who are major players in the building and construction arena.
Architecture 2030 challenge is a project launched by an environmental advocacy group whose goal is to promote sustainable building practices that will reduce and eventually eliminate carbon emissions and waste by utilizing energy-saving measures.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Students who qualify may apply for the Opportunity Scholarship, which can help lower education costs.
- Offers career-focused, degree programs to over 70,000 students at over 140 ITT Technical Institutes in 35 states.
- Classes are offered year-round, with day and evening course options.
- Online courses can be accessed from anywhere, 24 hours a day.
- Nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.