Designer and electronics company team up in a new partnership
on Thursday,February 19,2009 19:02
It has been announced during the New York Fashion Week that LG Mobile Phones and designer Christian Siriano will combine their creative forces.
The partnership called Divas and Designers is a marketing collaboration which Siriano kicked off by designing a special garment inspired by the LG Lotus phone, both of which are being showcased today on the runway at Bryant Park.
"The LG Lotus - like a well-crafted garment - stands out in the crowd by fusing both style and functionality," says Ehtisham Rabbani, corporate vice president for LG Mobile Phones.
Siriano, for his part, adds, "Mobile phones are fashion accessories, and the LG Lotus is sleek, chic, and fabulous!"
Christian Siriano rose to fame following his win in season six of the reality show Project Runway.
The Divas and Designers partnership includes a nationwide program that allows up-and-coming designers to create and submit their own "mood boards" online. The winning board, to be selected by Siriano, will qualify its maker to spend a day with the designer in his New York City studio. The winner will then work with Siriano to co-create an accessory that will be presented at the designer''s show in September 2009.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Game Art & Design (BFA)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.