Unique photos of Marilyn Monroe up for auction
on Friday,February 20,2009 23:02
An online company will hold a special sale of photographs of the screen legend Marilyn Monroe which chronicle her path from the early days in the industry through the height of fame to her untimely death.
The auction, held by artnet Online Auctions from February 10-24, features 60 photographs of Marilyn Monroe taken by renowned photographers including Bert Stern, George Barris, Alfred Eisenstaedt, Ken Galente and George Zimbel.
In what is bound to be a treat for her devout fans, the collection includes nine limited edition prints from Monroe''s last session with Bert Stern in 1962 for Vogue known as The Last Sitting.
Other works capture the actress on her honeymoon with Joe DiMaggio in 1954, enjoying the surf in Santa Monica, as well as still shots from The Seven Year Itch.
Marilyn Monroe, born Norma Jean Baker on June 1, 1926, is considered one of the greatest stars in the history of American cinema. She died prematurely on August 5, 1962 of an apparent sleeping pills overdose, though the cause of her death has remained disputed ever since.
Price estimates for the auction range between $500 and $30,000.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.