Custom made curtain shines on Oscar winners
on Wednesday,February 25,2009 22:02
After the stars'' fashion choices have been dissected in minute details, attention has shifted to the interior design of the Kodak Theater during the 81st Annual Academy Awards ceremony.
The unquestionable highlight of the theater''s decor was the cascading curtain studded with 100,000 Swarovski crystals flown specially from Austria for the event.
It was the part of the set designed by architect David Rockwell, also the creative talent behind the Kodak Theater itself.
"We could not think of a better partner than Swarovski to fulfill our vision of not just a curtain, but a frame to capture all the elegance, excitement and high fashion that is the Academy Awards," says Rockwell."We have collaborated with Swarovski many times and the result is always breathtaking.
He adds, "This is yet another spectacular centerpiece."
Novel uses of high technology were also a prominent feature of this year''s ceremony. The organizers decided to forego one big flat screen to show movie clips and montages and opted instead for five LED screens that transformed and reconfigured as well as 20 other still LED screens.
The ceremony, hosted by Hugh Jackman, was held in Los Angeles on February 22. Kate Winslet, Sean Penn, Penelope Cruz and the family of Heath Ledger took home the statuettes in the main acting categories.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.