Oscars Designer Challenge winner announced
on Wednesday,February 25,2009 22:02
While famous designers were preoccupied with outfitting the stars ahead of their walk down the red carpet, competition was strong among younger artists vying to design an original gown to be worn by an awards presenter during the live Oscar telecast.
In the end, up-and-coming designer Sam Kori George from Chicago was named the winner of the nationwide competition.
His dress, a strapless, form-fitting, platinum gown with handmade orchids adorning the lower right side, was worn by model Lauren Gish who was a presenter during the 81st Annual Academy Awards on February 22.
"I am honored and thrilled to win ''Oscars Designer Challenge.'' My dress is what I imagined an Oscar award escort should wear and I wanted to do justice to the magnitude of this event," said George. "My dream is to become the next household name as a designer."
George was one of seven finalists in the challenge, and his entry was chosen by voters in a nationwide online contest.
A couture designer from Chicago, Sam Kori George designs two original collections for fall/winter and spring/summer seasons using refined fabrics and timeliness as his creative guide.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.