Famous wine maker hires Lucian Freud to illustrate label
on Friday,February 27,2009 22:02
Baroness Philippine De Rothschild has announced that a well-known artist will design the label for the 2006 vintage of the Chateau Mouton Rothschild.
The tradition of commissioning artists to create an original artwork for the label goes back to 1945, and this year it is honored with the exhibition titled Mouton Rothschild - Paintings for the Labels at the Wolfsonian-Florida International University which will be held until March 8.
According to Chateau Mouton Rothschild, Freud''s illustration represents a transposition of the pleasure of drinking, depicting the transformation of the vinestock into a palm tree and the wine lover into a "happily anticipatory" zebra.
"I am particularly happy to have been given this opportunity by the Wolfsonian to present an exhibition which brings together the most famous names of modern and contemporary art," said Baroness Philippine alluding to works by Joan Miro, Marc Chagall, Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali, Andy Warhol and many others who illustrated labels for Mouton.
She adds, "It will allow those who until now have only been familiar with reproductions of the artworks on the labels, to admire at last the originals created since 1945 to the glory of Mouton."
Lucian Freud was born in 1922 and is considered to be a master of contemporary portraiture. His 1995 portrait Benefits Supervisor Sleeping was sold in 2008 for $33.6 million, the highest price ever fetched by a living artist.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.