Oscar fashion comes at affordable prices
on Monday,March 02,2009 22:03
No sooner has the dust settled on the Oscar ceremony than reproductions of the stars'' dresses and accessories are being offered by online distributors.
The glamour of the Oscar fashions has many fans wondering if they could ever be able to wear creations similar to those of their favorite actors or actresses. It turns out that they can and for a lot less.
It has been reported that the first Oscar reproduction was of a dress worn by the Best Actress Award winner, Kate Winslet, and ordered, even before the ceremony, by a customer in Australia.
"The replicate dresses are just as stunning as the ones the stars wore, and it''s in all sizes," says Zhang Liang, co-founder of one company which gathers orders and works with select manufacturers to deliver the dresses. "You don''t have to be size two to wear Sarah Jessica Parker''s strapless."
He adds that his business provides great value to fashion lovers because in the end what matters most is how the person feels about herself when wearing such a dress.
"Unlabeled dresses can also make you look gorgeous," he concludes.
The 81st Annual Academy Awards ceremony was held in Los Angeles on February 22. Kate Winslet, Sean Penn, Penelope Cruz and Heath Ledger were honored in the main acting categories.
- Apparel Design (AA)
- Apparel Design (BFA)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.