Fashion auction to benefit paralysis foundation
on Friday,March 06,2009 21:03
An auction sponsored by a group of luxury retailers has enlisted fashion celebrity help to raise money for a foundation that promotes paralysis research.
South Florida''s Bal Harbour Shops has donated a collection of jewelry for Destination Fashion 2009''s silent auction benefiting The Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis. The highlight of the multi-day event will take place this Saturday when designer Michael Kors will showcase his exclusive fall 2009 collection runway show.
"Destination Fashion is South Florida''s most anticipated event of the year," says Suzie Sayfie, executive director of The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis.
She adds, "The unprecedented generosity and commitment shown by Bal Harbour Shops'' collection of stores is remarkable and truly a testament to the longevity and reputation of its luxury brands."
Some of the items on the bidding block include a DeBeers diamond ring, Fendi and Chanel bags, six pairs of shoes from Miu Miu as well as a Carolina Herrera gold floral metallic lace gown.
Destination Fashion 2009, presented by Stewart Rahr, will take place at Bal Harbour Shops on March 7, and the organizers expect two thousand visitors, including celebrities and notables from the worlds of entertainment, sports, media and fashion.
- Apparel Design (AA)
- Apparel Design (BFA)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.