Saualito team wins garden design award
on Tuesday,March 10,2009 20:03
Sibbett Group has won an international contest for the best honey bee haven garden design.
The winning team - lead by landscape architects Donald Sibbett and Ann F. Baker - created a series of interconnected gardens as part of the design submitted to a contest sponsored by the Haagen-Dazs brand.
Haagen Dazs will use the design as the basis for a garden, which will be erected this summer on a half-acre site at the Harry H. Laidlaw Jr. Honey Bee Research Facility as a gift from the company.
One of the main goals of the garden is to provide bees with a year-round food source, raise public awareness about the plight of honey bees and encourage visitors to plant bee-friendly gardens.
"The winning design fits beautifully with the campus mission of education and outreach, and it will tremendously benefit our honey bees at Bee Biology," says Lynn Kimsey, professor and chair of the UC Davis Department of Entomology.
"The garden will be a campus destination," she says.
Sibbett''s design also aimed to achieve superior visitor experience. The four interconnected gardens form the "physical and interpretive framework for [the] design," with a series of trails connecting the gardens.
Each garden also features gathering spaces serving as focal points for guided tours, facilitated programs and interaction with beekeepers and entomologists, according to the team.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.