Event to discuss future of 3D films
on Wednesday,March 11,2009 22:03
The Hollywood Reporter (THR) has announced the upcoming Next Generation Asia event in Hong Kong which will honor young industry professionals and spotlight 3D movies.
The inaugural party will take place on March 24th, during the 33rd Hong Kong International Film Festival. Also, the venerable publication''s special issue on March 13 will profile the achievements of 20 talented young innovators.
"The Asian entertainment industry itself represents the ''next generation'' on a global scale. So it is only fitting that THR takes the lead in identifying the rising stars of Asia with Next Gen Asia in Hong Kong," says Eric Mika, publisher of THR and vice president of the Nielsen Media & Entertainment Group.
On March 25th, the magazine will moderate a panel on the future of 3D cinema that will provide insight and guidance as well as discuss its expectations. It will also present THR''s own in-depth report on the value of 3-D in the marketplace.
Panelists will include Michael Ellis, President of MPA for the Asia Pacific Region, Don Savant, Managing Director of IMAX for Asia Pacific, Younghoon Lee, CEO of MasterImage Systems and Bob Vallone, Regional Manager of UA Cinemas.
Published since 1930, THR covers the business of global entertainment via a network of media outlets with a team of more than 60 journalists and news editors in most of the world''s major cities.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself. At American University, we strive to help you develop your professional interests and indulge in your passion for making a difference. Our online degree programs allow you to gain the advanced skills for active leadership in a variety of fields.
Set Yourself Apart at American University
At American University, our smart, passionate and engaged students and faculty focus their knowledge to create meaningful change. Our strengths in international service and public affairs inspire our sense of social responsibility and a dedication to cultural and intellectual diversity. We're defined by our global perspective, practical idealism and a dedication to public service.
- Online Courses
Purdue University offers a strong foundation of tradition and history, an environment of intellectual curiosity and discovery, and a supportive, student-centered approach to learning. Founded in 1869 as a land-grant school, the University is known today for its prolific faculty as well as a record of distinguished research and achievement in aerospace, engineering, technology, science, and math. Our goal is to educate and develop men and women of personal integrity and scholarly excellence.
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.