Florida program tops list of best-performing 529 plans
on Thursday,March 12,2009 20:03
For newly admitted college students every bit of information on financing options helps, and in that vain Savingsforcollege.com has released a study ranking the performance of 529 savings plans.
In the ranking, the Florida College Investment Plan finished first among direct-sold plans in one-year and three-year investment performance for the period ending December 31, 2008.
The plan is administered by the Florida Prepaid College Board and is one of the smaller 529 savings programs with less than $150 million in assets compared to over $6 billion in the New York savings program.
"The year 2008 was very difficult for 529 savings plans," says Savingforcollege.com founder Joseph Hurley. "Most could not escape the turmoil in the stock and bond markets, although many conservative options managed to achieve positive returns."
Other top five programs for three-year performance included 529 plans from Iowa and Nebraska, and for one-year performance included plans from Utah, Missouri, and Georgia. Louisiana and South Carolina also placed among the top five.
The complete ranking can be found on the Savingsforcollege.com website.
Meanwhile, the economic stimulus package also contains 529 plan-related provisions which may facilitate college financing.
Under the new legislation, families will for the first time be able to buy computers and related technology using funds from the plans, a move that has been described as significant by the College Savings Plans Network.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.