Deadline for fashion scholarships approaches
on Thursday,March 12,2009 20:03
High school seniors interested in studying fashion have until March 25 to submit entries to a fashion competition which will provide a full scholarship to the winner.
Fashion Forward 2009 design competition, launched jointly with Teen Vogue Magazine, will offer a scholarship valued at more than $50,000 to study at any one of the ten campuses of the International Academy of Design & Technology.
"The competition is intended for young women and men who are serious in their quest for a career in fashion design," says Tom McNamara, senior vice president, Art & Design.
"The submission requirements are challenging, but no more so than the challenges they will face in the demanding, but wonderfully rewarding industry they are seeking to enter," he adds.
Participants must sketch a garment design, select fabrics and submit their project to one of the Academy''s ten campuses.
A local winner will be selected from each campus and receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the 2009 IMAGINE Fashion Show in Chicago where the national winner will be announced.
The contest is open to all legal residents of the U.S. who are high school seniors with an expected graduation date prior to December 31, 2009.
- Fashion Marketing (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.