Upcoming conference to showcase generative design
on Monday,March 16,2009 21:03
Architecture, engineering and research organizations will present the latest technological breakthroughs in design during SmartGeometry 2009 conference in San Francisco.
The eight-day event, sponsored by Bentley Systems, will take place from March 25 - April 1 and focus on new developments in computational and parametric design for the architectural, engineering and construction community.
"In these economically challenging times, there is only one certainty: skills matter," says J Parrish, a director of SmartGeometry Group and a director at ArupSport.
"As a result, knowledge of such critically important emerging practices as digital parametrics is vital to the success of not only individuals, but also entire design organizations," he adds.
The panels will feature some of the world''s preeminent authorities on the theory and practice of generative design in advanced 3D design applications, including Mark Burry, professor of innovation and director of Spatial Information Architecture Laboratory at RMIT University in Melbourne and Brett Steele, director of the Architectural Association School of Architecture in London.
The SmartGeometry Group aims to educate the construction professions in the new skills required to effectively use advanced design systems in architecture and engineering.
Its directors include Lars Hesselgren of Kohn Pederson Fox Associates, Hugh Whitehead of Foster + Partners and J Parrish of ArupSport.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.