Sponsor calls for entries in water-themed design competition
on Monday,March 16,2009 21:03
Global AquaTekture Visionary Awards (GAVA) design competition has announced it is accepting entries from architects, builders and designers from around the world.
GAVA, sponsored by Three V Enterprises, a Las Vegas-based corporation, aims to showcase creativity in the field of pools, spas and water features design.
AquaTektur, as defined by Three V Enterprises, is the discipline of designing, engineering and erecting water environments and ancillary components that balance function, space and aesthetics.
The sponsors are looking for submissions that go beyond the traditional water-themed design to include thought-provoking solutions that are in harmony with the local culture as well as interior and exterior aspects of the environment.
Entries will be judged based on the aesthetic beauty of the design, its originality and how it exemplifies the objectives of the projects. Architecture that demonstrates respect for environmental, cultural, philosophical or historical components will also be highly evaluated.
Winning entries will be showcased in an international design book.
Structure Studios, a software development company specializing in 3D visualization, will be the presenting sponsor for the 2009 and 2010 awards.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.