Socially responsible jewelry design growing popular
on Monday,March 16,2009 21:03
Another designer has announced a new line of jewelry that aims to draw attention to pressing environmental problems.
Dian Malouf''s new collection addresses the issue of water waste and over-use by excessive building and population growth.
The Flowers, Ferns and Rainforests features items in sterling and 14k gold that come with a small card suggesting how the wearer can personally preserve water.
A portion of the proceeds from the sales will go to the American Ground Water Trust, a non-profit water education organization.
This is not the first project of such kind.
Earlier this month, famous designers, including Frank Gehry, Paloma Picasso and Jean Schlumberger teamed up to promote a sustainable jewelry collection under the banner of Coral Reinvented.
The project, spearheaded by SeaWeb''s Too Precious to Wear campaign, aims to raise awareness about the dangers facing the marine environment, and the jewelry utilizes coral alternatives rather than authentic material harvested from the oceans.
The designer pieces were worn by models during the New York Fashion Week and are currently being auctioned online to benefit increased protection of corals.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.