Digital arts contest opens for submissions
on Thursday,March 19,2009 21:03
The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences and the Entertainment Software Association have announced they are now accepting submissions for the annual Into the Pixel (ITP) art exhibition.
ITP offers an opportunity for computer and video game artists to receive critical review of their creative work by peers. It is also designed to facilitate a conversation between the traditional and digital art worlds.
A total of 16 entries will be selected to become part of the ITP Collection and will be printed by a master printer and framed.
In June the art will be judged by a jury of museum curators and digital experts.
"Video games are an influential aspect of pop-culture and entertainment, and behind every game character and kinetic environment are artists whose images tell the stories," says Joseph Olin, president of The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences.
"We are excited to be able to bring these gifted artists into the public eye and look forward to viewing the fantastic work that will [become part of] the Into The Pixel collection," he added.
Launched in 2004, ITP is the only juried digital art exhibition that brings together experts from the fine art world and the interactive entertainment industry.
ITP work has been shown around the world, including the Design Center in Stuttgart, the European Festival of Art in Nottingham, the Bradford Animation Festival, the San Jose Technology Museum, the Toronto International Film Festival, and debuted at South by Southwest Festival earlier this month.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.