California firm receives ARDA award for interior design
on Monday,March 23,2009 20:03
Architectural Concepts has been given a Silver Award by the American Resort Development Association (ARDA).
The firm was recognized in the Resort Architecture and Interior Design category for its work on The Island Empress Resort on Santa Rosa Island, Florida, beating competitors who submitted entries from around the world.
The winning resort is a five-star luxury hotel and fractional development on Pensacola Beach. The prototype unit is light and airy, maintained in a tropical style emphasized by soft white and silver, accented with turquoise and coral hues.
This combines to produce a luxurious yet functional environment whose elegant style is further enhanced by custom furniture and textures that reflect the atmosphere of the Gulf Coast.
"We began our conceptual outlook for The Island Empress, from what we refer to as the ''Concentric Design Process'' where we design from a common center -the guest experience - and built a method for development that is structured concentrically and supports marketing, sales, management and ultimately the owners and guests," says Margit Whitlock, principal of the San Diego-based firm.
"We are pleased that this three-bedroom resort suite is a tribute to that approach," she adds.
The winner of the top award will be announced at a gala which will be held in conjunction with the ARDA annual convention in Orlando on April 1.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.