World Fashion Awards announced in Moscow
on Wednesday,March 25,2009 20:03
In a ceremony held in Moscow last week and broadcast worldwide on the World Fashion Channel, the World Fashion Awards (WFA) honored the best in the Russian fashion industry.
The special award for Professional Achievement went to Alexander Shumsky, president of Russian Fashion Week (RFW) and head of Artefact Communications, a prominent PR company specializing in luxury, fashion, travel and lifestyle.
"We honored Alexander Shumsky as a pioneer who did the basic things that developed the Russian fashion industry," says Igor Udalov, president of World Fashion Channel. "RFW is the only professional event in Russia with a record of fashion discoveries and great influence on the whole market."
Meanwhile, internationally renowned designer Slava Zaitsev received the Lifetime Achievement Award for his career spanning nearly 50 years.
Even after the awards were handed out, the eyes of many professionals in the fashion world will remain on Moscow as Russian Fashion Week is scheduled to get under way on March 29.
Considered a premiere Eastern European fashion event, RFW will feature a new collection from the award-winning Zaitsev whose houte couture collection dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Dyagilev''s Seasons in Paris will open the seven-day event.
- Apparel Design (AA)
- Apparel Design (BFA)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.