Award-winning photographer profiled in Clear Magazine
on Friday,March 27,2009 19:03
The work of Henry Leutwyler is the focus of the March-April issue of Clear Magazine, a publication devoted to objects and ideas in the world of fashion, art and design.
Best known for artistic photographs of items such as Andy Warhol''s paintbrush, Bob Dylan''s harmonica and Janis Joplin''s guitar, Leutwyler established his name in the photography world by using the power of image to delve into the lives of personalities shaping our times.
"Henry successfully blends art and social commentary in his highly detailed images," says Anna Carnick, editor of Clear Magazine.
"Captivating and deeply personal, this gallery of photographs showcases Henry''s ability to transform objects of our cultural history into works of art," she adds.
Leutwyler has also created iconic photo images of today''s celebrities and public figures, including Michelle Obama, Karl Rove, Julia Roberts, Martin Scorsese and Beyonce.
His work has been featured in The New York Times Magazine, Esquire, Elle, Vanity Fair, Vogue, The New Yorker and Time.
He is also the recipient of the ASME 2008 Magazine Cover of the Year award for his New York magazine portrait of the disgraced former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.