Designer introduces bag inspired by famous building
on Tuesday,March 31,2009 21:03
Reflecting a growing popularity of mixed genres, fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi has unveiled a tote bag and scarf set inspired by the New York Times building.
Just in time for the spring, Mizrahi paired the red twill and leather bag with a tangerine hued silk chiffon scarf and a bright yellow New York Times signature medallion, according to Luxist.com.
Providing a perfect illustration for Coco Chanel''s quip that fashion is architecture, and that it is a matter of proportions, the color combination was inspired by the New York Times building designed by architect Renzo Piano.
Only 600 bags are available exclusively through the New York Times store.
Mizrahi''s new creation represents a larger trend in fashion inspired by architecture.
Recently, renowned architect Frank Gehry, who designed the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao and the Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown Los Angeles, teamed up with French luxury shoe company J.M. Weston to design two pairs of ankle-high leather boots.
Earlier this year, he joined designers such as Paloma Picasso and Jean Schlumberger to promote a sustainable jewelry collection which utilizes coral alternatives rather than authentic material harvested from the oceans.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.