New Renzo Piano building set to rise in London
on Tuesday,March 31,2009 21:03
Construction work has just begun on London''s 1,000 feet (310m) Shard of Glass, which will be Western Europe''s tallest building.
Designed by Renzo Piano and scheduled for completion in 2012 in the London Bridge quarter near the Thames River, the Shard will be 200 feet taller than the 800 feet Canary Wharf Tower, according to Devono.com.
It will include Europe''s first Shangri-La hotel, five-star restaurants, public viewing gallery, offices, shops and the highest residential property in the UK.
Despite the weak real estate market, Shard''s managing director Bernard Ainsworth remains optimistic about filling out the office space.
"This will be a landmark building and we''ve already let out 40 percent of it," he was quoted as saying by Devono.com.
One of the confirmed tenants will be Transport for London, the city''s transportation authority.
The project goes ahead despite past financial problems due to the onset of the recession and the credit crunch. In 2007, its European developers - including Credit Suisse - withdrew, but funding was subsequently provided by four Qatari banks.
- Game Art & Design (BFA)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Graphic Design/Desktop Publishing
- Multimedia and Design
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.