Monsters vs Aliens gets mixed reviews praise for effects
on Wednesday,April 01,2009 21:04
The animated 3D version of Monsters vs. Aliens is breaking new ground in the use of the technology even if the storyline may leave it wanting, according to commentators.
Critics have called it "average" and "simplistic" relying on an awkwardly constructed plot that delivers few laughs for those above the age of 12, yet the movie is quickly becoming the talk of the industry because of its novel use of the 3D technology.
That is because the film, directed by Rob Letterman and Conrad Vernon, is the first animated movie ever to be produced in 3D instead of being converted into the format after completion.
As a result, its dazzling colors and dynamic visual effects work together to intensify the viewing experience, according to USA Today.
"[Aliens vs. Monsters] tries to take 3D technology beyond gimmickry and to make it the basis for a new kind of visual spectacle," adds the New York Times reviewer A.O. Scott.
Monsters vs. Aliens is a joint project between DreamWorks Animation and Paramount Pictures and grossed an estimated $16.8 million when it opened on March 27 in some 2,000 theaters equipped to project it.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.