Gehry selected to design Eisenhower National Memorial
on Thursday,April 02,2009 20:04
Renowned architect Frank Gehry has been tapped to design the first presidential memorial of the 21st century and only seventh in U.S. history.
The selection of Gehry''s design studio was announced by the Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial Commission and the General Services Administration, and his team beat 44 design firms from across the nation.
"It''s appropriate to have one of today''s most outstanding architects design a memorial for one of our country''s greatest leaders," comments the commission''s chairman Rocco C. Siciliano.
The memorial will be built on a four-acre site to be named Eisenhower Square at the base of Capitol Hill, across from the National Air & Space Museum. It will be a landscaped civic plaza that respects vistas to and from the U. S. Capitol and the view of the historic Maryland Avenue.
Los Angeles-based Gehry has designed iconic buildings such as the Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, the Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park in Chicago and the Art Gallery of Ontario in Toronto.
The bipartisan Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial Commission was created by Congress in 1999 to manage the memorial development.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.