Gehry selected to design Eisenhower National Memorial
on Thursday,April 02,2009 20:04
Renowned architect Frank Gehry has been tapped to design the first presidential memorial of the 21st century and only seventh in U.S. history.
The selection of Gehry''s design studio was announced by the Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial Commission and the General Services Administration, and his team beat 44 design firms from across the nation.
"It''s appropriate to have one of today''s most outstanding architects design a memorial for one of our country''s greatest leaders," comments the commission''s chairman Rocco C. Siciliano.
The memorial will be built on a four-acre site to be named Eisenhower Square at the base of Capitol Hill, across from the National Air & Space Museum. It will be a landscaped civic plaza that respects vistas to and from the U. S. Capitol and the view of the historic Maryland Avenue.
Los Angeles-based Gehry has designed iconic buildings such as the Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, the Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park in Chicago and the Art Gallery of Ontario in Toronto.
The bipartisan Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial Commission was created by Congress in 1999 to manage the memorial development.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Graphic Design/Desktop Publishing
- Multimedia and Design
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.